- 3/4 cup Natrel Fine-filtered 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Natrel Lactose Free 35% whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Natrel unsalted butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 190 g OKA cheese, shredded or OKA L’Artisan Smoke
- 4 slices turkey breast (optional)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- fruit to garnish (optional)
In the old days, it was called "pain perdu" because it made use of our leftovers of stale bread. Today, French toast is anything but "lost." For this recipe, we go back to the origins of French toast to make use of our leftover OKA cheese and make the best French toast ever. That's two good reasons to try it!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk, cream and eggs until smooth.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter.
- To make French toast, dip 2 slices of bread into the egg mixture and cook in the skillet until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn both slices over and place the cheese and a slice of turkey breast, if desired, on the browned side of one of the slices.
- Then top the cheese with the browned side of the other slice and press lightly.
- Once the bottom slice is browned, flip the whole sandwich over to complete the last side. Press again slightly. Work in batches
- Serve hot with maple syrup, fruit or any topping of your choice.