- 4 pears, cut in half lengthwise and rubbed with lemon juice
- 3/4 cup OKA cheese, grated
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp OKA cheese, finely cubed
- pinch salt
Do crumble toppings remind you of grandma's cooking? This recipe for baked pear with grated OKA cheese will give you one more reason to love this fruity dessert. (Almost too) easy to prepare, it will quickly fit into your culinary habits ... and those of your kids, grandkids and great-grandkids!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon or a Parisian melon-baller, scoop out the inside of each pear to create a small cavity to hold the stuffing. Try to leave at least 1/2" of thickness throughout the pear.
- Cut a 1/4" slice off the side of each pear to keep it steady on the baking sheet.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Divide the stuffing equally among the pears.
- Arrange the pears on the baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Bake the pears until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the oven. Top each pear with OKA cheese. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Serve hot with your favourite caramel sauce.