- 2 slices Au Pain Doré Croissant
- Loaf 3-4 strips of bacon
- 60g Maple Oka Cheese (shredded)
- 1 apple (preferably Honey Crisp or Cosmic Crisp)
- 30g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350°F until as crispy.
- Cut apple into quarters and remove the core. Cut each quarter into 5-6 medium slices.
- Place a large non-stick pan on medium heat, once the pan is hot, add the sugar and stir constantly until the sugar begins to dissolve and caramelize to a light amber colour.
- Once the sugar has caramelized, stir in half the butter (15 gr).
- Carefully add the apples to the caramel and stir to coat. Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook the apples for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the apples are done, put the slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside and allow to cool. Keep the caramel sauce for the garnish.
- Butter one side of each slice of the croissant loaf. Build your sandwich on the unbuttered side by layering half the cheese, bacon, the other half of cheese and slices of caramelized apple. Grill as you would a grilled cheese.
- To ensure the cheese has melted, place the sandwich in the oven for about 2-3 min at 350°F.
- Garnish the sandwich with the remaining caramelized apple slices and the caramel sauce.